Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The last photograph is of the Cross Country Team, who are about to compete in a race, and as the viewer can see it is a community of runners, working individually to win as a team.

2 comments:

  1. Tyler Fix
    Sec. 3

    This image is compositionally interesting. The first thing that I noticed was how all of the girls' legs were all in the same position, with one foot forward. This is a great exemplification of the employment of repetition in photography, and this echoes your caption's message about everyone working 'together' to comepte and win. A second compositional facet of the image that I found intriguing was the background of the photo. With so much green grass and the large gren trees in the background, it seems like the environment is ironically uncharacteristic of Tucson; it makes me think of the how the team travels as ONE to all of their competitions...yet another idea consistent with your caption's notion of team unity. In order to make your photograph even more effective and interesting, I would be inerested in what the image would look like in black-and-white. It could maybe bring the focus off of all of the colors in the image and onto the team itself, emphasizing their togetherness in competition. Overall, really liked looking at this image. You incorporated a lot of very great aspects of artistic photography, especially composition. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina R.- I really like this picture. We did the athletic topic also, but I feel like you guys really captured the essence of the athletes here. You can see the competitiveness and focus of all the athletes. There really aren't any bright colors popping, which give no distraction. This sort of relates to how the runners don't have any distractions.

    ReplyDelete